Sunday, August 1, 2010

3 Stores - 2 Days

Can you stretch your dollar farther by visiting multiple grocery stores to achieve the greatest savings possible, the answer is yes, but the question that you'll have to answer for yourself is whether it will actually be worth it to you?  I would visit 2 stores in one weekend, but 3 is pushing it for my patience and time.  Overall I bought $120.00 worth of groceries, for a total savings on my reciepts of almost $50.00.  I bought enough to cook 8 meals, lunches, and breakfasts all week, and I purchased 5 sundry items including laundry detergent, paper towels, soap, toilet paper and deoderant.

Coupon-wise I saved a total of $4.00, a great tip for Kroger is that you can go online before you shop and add coupons to your Kroger card.  When they scan the Kroger card, they are automatically applied to your receipt.  I liked this idea because there have been so many times where I have brought my coupons with me and left them right in my purse.  This is not happening anymore, I put my coupons in my wallet with my cash so when I pull out my cash I can't possibly forget then anymore.  The other thing that I do is when you pick up an item that has a "SAVE NOW" sticker on it, I take it off and put it with my coupons.  Every time I leave the sticker on the box, I miss my savings. 

Overall I know that my fridge is a little more full than usual, I feel like I got a little better quality in my meals, but the hassle and the time it took was not worth the running all over town.  My advice, "Pick the grocery store that you feel most comfortable in, and that you get your money's worth at, and shop there."  They all have good sales, they all have similarly priced items, but it really comes down to where you want to spend your hard earned money.  My money will be going to Publix and Kroger depending on my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment