It's that time of year again, the time where the dogs need to go in for their annual checkups, and get their shots. They also need heartworm and flea medications too, which as I sit here typing this I can almost feel my throat begin to close up a little in anticipation of the bill that I will receive. "No MORE", I think as I move to another browser in my screen and begin searching for more vets in the area. Maybe it's just my vet, and possibly I have chosen the most expensive vet in Bluffton. When I find the Vet websites, absolutely none of them list the costs fore services related to the annual check ups, shots, or medication offered. This is not going to be easy, but I'm ready to put in the work to save the money. So we called 3 Vets in Bluffton and none of the prices were the same:
Banfield Pet Hospital
- Exam $110/ dog not including the Heartworm and feces test - Includes Rabies, DHLP, and Bordetalla shots
- Heartworm and feces test (which they recommend) $75/pet
- Heartworm meds (6 for $35)
- Frontline (4 for $57)
- Exam $186/dog - includes Rabies, DHLP, Bordatella, and Feces test. If you want a 3 year Rabies, add $23.
- Heartworm (Interceptor) ($55.75 for 6 - 55lb and up) ($40.50 for 6 - under 55lbs) and singles for $10
- Frontline (55lb dog - 6 for $78) (45lb dog - 6 for $75), Singles are $18 and $17
- Exam $150/dog - includes 3 year Rabies, DHLP, Bordatella, heartworm and feces test.
- Heartworm (Interceptor) (55lb - 6 for $49)(45lb - 6 for $36)
- Heartworm (Heartgrade) (55lb - 6 for $43) (45lb - 6 for $38)
- Advantage (55lb - 7 for $90) (45lb - 7 for $85)
Affordable Pet Clinic (Beaufort, SC)
- Exam $75/dog includes 3 year Rabies, DHLP, Dewormer, and Heartworm test. Bordatella is $15 extra.