Friday, August 27, 2010

Date Night In!

Planning a date night this weekend to save money on both the babysitter and going out in general.  I want to make it nice enough so I'm not missing going out, so while I don't want to go too overboard in my spending, I want to buy nicer items that we normally wouldn't eat for dinner that might be on sale.  Publix has small lobster tails on sale for $4.99 each, and grilling veggies on sale for 99 cents per pound.  Any of the grilling veggies can be easily tossed in a little bit of olive oil with salt and pepper, then put them in the oven to roast at 425.  Roasted veggies and lobster tails for dinner, now you're talking.  If you're a steak person, they also have T-Bones and Porterhouse steaks on sale too. Bonus . . . Popcorn is on sale too - buy one get one free so a package is only $1.50.  I think I'm gonna have to get some popcorn and a movie, (movie rentals from the machine at Publix are only $1/day and are new releases).  For under $15, we can have a date night in with a lobster and roasted veggie dinner, with popcorn and a movie!  Grab a bottle of wine from the wine rack and we are in business.

If Publix isn't your store of choice, most grocery stores have the movie rental machine, there is even one at the Parker's on 170.  Another good tip that I learned is that grocery stores put their best sale items on the front page of the flyer, so you know it's a good buy if it's on the front page because it's meant to grab your attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment