Saturday, August 7, 2010

Girls/Guys Night Out

When working with a family budget things like dinners out, entertainment, and girls or guys night out get a little tough but as you know, I am not in support of giving up these things completely.  Within reason, you can still enjoy a fun night out while not blowing your budget.  Here are some tips to follow when going on a girls or guys night out:
  1. Know where you are going ahead of time and take time to look at the menu before you leave.
  2. Figure out what you are going to order before you go, this will help you to avoid impulse ordering and over ordering.  Knowing what you are going to order before hand can also help you order a more healthy meal as well.
  3. Check online for any coupons that the restaurant or bar may offer, print them and take them with you.  Even if it's only 10%, it will help you to be able to make the most of your money.
  4. Set a budget, and stay within your limits.  If items do not have a price on the menu, ask your server for  a price before you order. 
  5. Try to suggest a place that offers happy hour or nightly specials - this will ensure that you can stay out longer and enjoy a few more drinks or food items
Last night was girls night out at Mi Tierra.  I researched ahead of time and found out that they offer a happy hour from 4 to 7pm with margaritas at $4.00, domestic beers at $2.00, and import beers at $2.50.  I also checked the menu ahead of time and found a healthy salad choice for $6.25.  I set a budget for myself of $20.00, and I found a coupon on the Mi Tierra website for 10% off, which I printed and brought with me.  Even though I am a lover of Margaritas, I opted for a cheaper and lower calorie import beer.  The total price for 3 Sols, and a 2 Tostadas salad was $15.64 including my 10% off.  I was well under my budget and even had plenty of money for tip.  SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment